Eating the Essence Being.

Random thoughts about food floating out of my head into words.

Sunday, August 22, 2004

IMBB 7: You're Just the Cutest Little Dumpling!


Breakfast Dumpling Posted by Hello is my contribution to the 7th Edition of My Blog is Burning. The theme is "Your the cuttest little dumpling".

I've never made a dumpling before, all the dumplings I've read about have flour in them of some sorts. Since, I was short on time and didn't know how to make any dumplings, I made an Akins inspired dumpling for breakfast.

I made a scramble using mushrooms, tomatoes, and onions and wrapped it up in a deli sliced ham. I bunched up the ham and secured it in place with tooth picks and tied it together with a green onion. I was going to brown the ham on a skillet but the dumpling was too fragile to move. The picture above was my 5th attempt at getting the concoction to look like a dumpling. The filling is outside the dumpling.

Taste wise, the picture looks better than the dumpling. The ham was too salty and there wasn't enough egg inside the dumpling but if I cut myself a bit of ham and forked a bite of the scramble then it tasted good. The ham would have been better if I browned it on the skillet. There's my entry, a Flour-less Breakfast Dumpling.

2 Comments:

At August 24, 2004 at 7:58 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

Isn't it funny how getting the picture becomes an end in itself? Anyway, I think your concept sounds great and your picture is perfect!

 
At August 25, 2004 at 9:01 PM, Blogger GG said...

Thank you for the comment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home