Eating the Essence Being.

Random thoughts about food floating out of my head into words.

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Baby Shower Entree Madness

Singaporean Vegetable Curry

Pinapple Fried Rice

Turkey Scampi with Fettucini

Beef and Vegtable Stir Fry

These four dishes were made for a Baby Shower I co-hosted over the weekend. Each dish was designed to feed 6 - 8 people. We had about 20 people over and there was some leftovers. It helped that the guests snacked on buffalo wings, fresh fruit, pita and hummus. The Baby Shower was a success. Games were played, drinks were poured, food was eatten and presents were opened.

Here's my little burb about each dish:

Singaporean Vegetable Curry - I used pre-packaged dried Singaporean Curry Mix and added cabbage, red peppers, potatoes, and yellow squash. The dish turned out well with a bit of salt and a dash of sugar. It was at the right level of spicyness. I forgot the onions until much too late.

Pinapple Fried Rice - The key ingredent was day old rice that could feed eight people that was chilled and set aside. First, I partly cooked diced onion in a generous amount of olive oil then I added the rice in. When the rice was warm and soft, I added my shreded carrots and shredded red bell peppers. For taste, I poured 1/4 cup light soy sauce, two tablespoons of dried parsely and dried basil each, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt and sugar, three tablespoons of garlic powder, and 1 1/2 teaspoon of chilli flakes. Pinapple chunks and cashews were the last ingredients to be added. Approximately 3/4 cup of pinapple chunks and 3/4 cup of cashews.

Turkey Scampi with Fettucini - For this recipe, I followed the directions for Linguini with Shrimp Scampi from Food TV, except I used Fettucini because that was in my pantry and I subsituted turkey breast for shrimp. I marinaded the turkey in cooking sherry, salt, 1 teaspoon sugar, and 2 tablespoons of garlic powder.

Beef and Vegtable Stir Fry - Must admit, I just tossed the ingredients together. My father cut, tenderized, and marinaded the beef for me. I cut the green onion, carrots, onions, and broccoli and added a bit of garlic and salt.

I've never cooked so much in my life. Creating four main dishes for a party of 20 people takes time, a food processor, a Dad that's a chef, and a really big pan, at least for me. Thank you Dad!

By the time I remember to take pictures, the food was almost gone. Therefore the pics aren't the greatest, but it was the best compliment yet. People liked the food! Yes!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home