Eating the Essence Being.

Random thoughts about food floating out of my head into words.

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Pasta Sauce.

Pasta Sauce can be comprised of almost anything.  I usually associate it with a tomato base.   In my quest to make the perfect pasta sauce, I have tried using can or bottled sauces, tomato paste, and fresh tomatoes.  Yet, my pasta sauce doesn't turn out quite right.  It's either bland or too liquidy.  Today, I chopped up fresh mushrooms, onion, zucchini, and carrots.  The vegetables were cooked with garlic in olive oil and finished with Merlot.  Next, I cooked the diced tomatoes until they wilted, then added parsley,  salt, chili pepper, and fresh basil.  Finally, I mixed in the vegetables.  The sauce topped cheese and spinach ravioli.

Either the pasta or the tomatoes produced water, but my sauce had too much water.  I drained the water from the cooked vegetables, before I cooked the tomatoes, and after I topped the pasta.  The taste was a bit bland.  I believed the chili pepper over powered other flavors.   

Back to the drawing board.  Is there a fool proof pasta recipe?  Can someone please share it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home