Eating the Essence Being.

Random thoughts about food floating out of my head into words.

Saturday, July 24, 2004

Breakfast


Blueberry Muffins Posted by Hello are Mmm...good.  I love the smell of bread baking in the morning so much I woke up early to make muffins.   I used the recipe found in my Le Cordon Bleu Complete Cook.

3 cups self-rising flour
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup fresh or fozen blueberries
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted

1.  Preheat the oven to 425F.  Brush a 12-cup muffin pan with melted buter.  Sift the flours into a large mixing bowl, stir in the sugar and blueberries, and make a well.   Since I used fresh blueberries the muffins did not come out as sweet as the store bought ones.  I added a bit more brown sugar to make it a bit sweeter.   Also, I would sift the brown sugar next time because it came out in huges chunks that I had a hard time blending into the flower.

2.  Wisk the eggs, milk and vanilla together and add to the well in the dry ingredients.  Add the butter, and stir with a metal spoon until just combined.  Do not overmix- the mixture should be lumpy.  I used jumbo eggs because thats all I had, the muffins were light and fluffy.  I would not use eggs smaller than large sized.

3.  Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan, filling each cup to the top.  Though the recipe calls to bake for 30 minutes, mine were done in 20.  Bake until a skewer comes out clean when instered into the center comes out clean.

I enjoyed them with a cup of hot coffee with lots of milk and a bit of sugar.  A wonderful way to spend a Saturday morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home